News Categories

Important Message: COVID-19 Relief Measures for Water and Sewer Utility Users

This notice announces relief measures for residential ratepayers experiencing economic hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please review this message in its entirety.

Click on the link below for more information:



Building Permits



Construction permits are required for most building projects and improvements. Depending on the project, a Zoning Permit may be required as well as a Building Permit. Before beginning your project, or signing a contract with a contractor, it is best to check with the Construction and Zoning Departments to confirm if a Construction and/ or Zoning Permit will be required for your project.

ZONING PERMITS are required for any expansion to a house footprint (deck, porch, room addition) or the addition of structures (pool, fence, shed, patio). The Zoning permit Application requires you attach a copy of your property survey detailing the location of the proposed project, including the proposed distances to the property lines. Contact Ralph Blakeslee, Zoning Officer, to determine if a Zoning Permit will be required for your project. Once the Zoning Officer approves your application, it will be forwarded to the Building Department for permits.  

Planning and Zoning Page (permit applications and zoning information.

BUILDING PERMITS are required for demolition, new work (construction, plumbing and electrical), and most replacement or renovation projects. Check with the Building Department before starting a project. Contact Byram Township Building Department to determine the Permits needed for your project. Once your project is completed, call the Byram Building Department to schedule a final inspection and obtain your Certificate of Approval or Occupancy.  

Byram Township Building Department Web Site.  

Recent News

Recent Alerts

  • Netcong Food Bank
    on January 26, 2023 at 8:25 pm

    Borough of Netcong: This message is a remider about the Netcong food bank open weekly on Tuesday 9:00 AM - 12 NOON and Thursday 10:00 AM - 12 NOON. We do not ask for identification and provide assistance to Netcong and the surrounding municipalities. Our food bank is accepting contributions of perishable and non-perishable food items. We CANNOT accept items that are past their expiration date, or open packages. We can only accept perishable food items when the food bank is open. ALSO, the young lady who collects coupons and purchases shampoo, toothpaste and other personal items for our food bank has resumed her services and has requested we resume collecting coupons. Coupons can be dropped off at Borough Hall, with a volunteer during our hours of operation or in the gray dropoff box in front of the police station.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By :