News Categories

Important Message: Information About Your Drinking Water

Our water system is no longer in violation of drinking water standards.

We routinely monitor for the presence of drinking water contaminants. On June 14, 2022, we recieved notice that the sample collected on November 17, 2021 showed our system exceeded the standard, or maximum contaminant level for 1,2,3-Tri-chloropropane (TCP).

After following all State guidelines, the Borough water system has satisfied all requirements of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and all follow-up sampled have showed undetectable readings for 1,2,3-TCP.


Zoning & Habitability



Owners of Commercial and Rental Properties should check with the Zoning Officer before starting a project.


A Zoning Permit will be required for the project. In addition, the Zoning Officer may need to refer the application to the Planning Board for approval.

Renovations and replacement work will need Building Permits from the Construction Department.  We have a shared service with Byram Township located at 10 Mansfield Drive, Stanhope, NJ  07874   (973) 347-2500 x 123


 A Land Use Board Application is required for all Site Plans, Subdivisions, Amendments to Site Plans, Site Plan Waivers, variance requests, and Conceptual Reviews. Contact the Planning Board Secretary for an application.




Renting or selling?

You are required to obtain a Certificate of Habitability when you are selling your home.

Contact the Zoning Department for a Certificate of Habitability application. Cost $35.00.


For residential rental properties, Landlords are required by New Jersey law to register all rental dwellings with the Municipal Clerk’s Office and must be inspected on an annual basis.  Contact 973-347-0252 x 106 for inspection information.

Recent News

Recent Alerts

  • Waterline Survey
    on March 17, 2023 at 2:26 pm

    If you have not already completed the Water Service Line Material Identification Survey, please do so at For more information, please visit If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please call Borough Hall at (973) 347-0252 or email [email protected]

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By :