News Categories

Important Message: Information About Your Drinking Water

Our water system is no longer in violation of drinking water standards.

We routinely monitor for the presence of drinking water contaminants. On June 14, 2022, we recieved notice that the sample collected on November 17, 2021 showed our system exceeded the standard, or maximum contaminant level for 1,2,3-Tri-chloropropane (TCP).

After following all State guidelines, the Borough water system has satisfied all requirements of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and all follow-up sampled have showed undetectable readings for 1,2,3-TCP.


Borough Forms

Borough and State Forms

All forms are in PDF format.

Dog & Cat Licensing

Dogs and cats must be licensed every year starting January 1st.  Failure to license your dog or cat before February 1st will result in a five ($5) dollar penalty for the first month and one ($1) dollar for each month after February.

Dog License Application
Cat License Application

Open Public Records Act (OPRA)

To request copies of Borough records download and submit the form to Borough Clerk Cindy Eckert, 973-347-0252, extension 105, [email protected]

OPRA Request Form

Certification of Habitability

No person, firm or corporation shall sell a dwelling or dwelling unit or permit the same to be sold without first obtaining a certificate of habitability (COH), nor shall any person, firm or corporation buying a dwelling or dwelling unit and intending to occupy the same, do so, without securing a certificate of habitability, as hereinafter provided.

Certificate of Habitability Application
COH Requirements

 Landlord Registration

Each rental unit shall be registered and licensed and inspected annually.  No rental unit shall hereafter be rented unless the rental unit is registered and licensed in accordance with this chapter. Must be submitted with lead ispection information if applicable. $35 Fee + $20 NJ State lead fee if applicable.

Rental Registration Form

Land Use Application

The Borough of Netcong has a combined land use board that handles both Planning Board and Board of Adjustment duties.    An common application is used by the Land Use Board for multiple types of applications.  For more information, including submission guidelines please see Chapter 194: Land Development Procedures

Board Secretary,  Stephanie Pizzulo – 973-347-0252, extension 100

Land Use Application

Zoning Permit

Zoning permits are required for any expansion to a house footprint (deck, porch, room addition) or the addition of structures (pool, fence, shed, patio, signs), or a change of use, if applicable.   Application requires you attach a copy of your property survey detailing the location of the proposed project, including proposed distances to the property lines.   Once a zoning permit is issued building permits, if required, may be applied for.  Building permit applications can be obtained at the Byram Township Construction Code Office – 10 Mansfield Drive, Stanhope, NJ  07874 – 973-347-2500, extension 123.

Zoning Permit Application

Zoning Certificate of Occupancy and / or Change of Business

Zone Schedule

Zoning Map

Voter Registration Information

Voter Registration Application  
 Vote by Mail Application


Citizen Leadership Volunteer Application

Interested in being a member of the Planning Board, Board of Health or Recreation Commission?

Citizen Leadership Volunteer Application

Recent News

Recent Alerts

  • Waterline Survey
    on March 17, 2023 at 2:26 pm

    If you have not already completed the Water Service Line Material Identification Survey, please do so at For more information, please visit If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please call Borough Hall at (973) 347-0252 or email [email protected]

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By :